Thursday, April 5, 2018

My 1st Marketing Assignment


Topic 1:

I enrolled in this class because I  had different choices as an elective and Marketing seemed like an interesting class to take.

I am a business administration major and marketing would be great to be aware about because business is surrounded by marketing.

The most interesting thing I want to learn from marketing is knowing how to properly advertise a business.

What I enjoy doing in my free time is being active, going to different places (traveling), volunteering, and spending some quality time with the people I love the most.





Topic 2:

Have you ever been through a break up? Well if not it let me keep it simple: it sucks! I was scrolling through the Internet for some actual news, which is hard now in day and as much as I wanted to read about politics (not too much). I came across an article about Pizza Hut sending free pizza to a woman that had recently went through a break up! If that does not sound insane to you then I don't know what does.

Pizza Hut was first introduced in 1958 by Dan and Frank Carney. It a well known American pizzeria that is most know for their pizza and pasta dishes. The value proposition for this company is they have their own farm where they grow their ingredients also the pizzas. The challenge the business could be facing is competition because there are many similar products/services. So, Pizza Hut needs to do a lot to differentiate from other pizza shops which has done a good job. The usual way a company is known is through advertising, but Pizza Hut did something different to get known.




The picture above shows how Pizza Hut was not completely aware they were about to get a lot of attention. People like to support others that help the community, society, and people. In addition, Pizza Hut helped a girl with her break up saying that they would be there for her through her toughest times. This post was shared online, and it was open to the public eye which is helping Pizza Hut's brand and pizza more known.
I thought it was funny how Pizza Hut did that, but I would probably do the same thing because a small funny or nice post could turn into trending. When post trend it is shared all over the world and I would have $0 of cost for advertising. The marketing approach was good because a large quantity of people are talking about this post. Doing this assignment has taught me that one small gratuity could help grow one's brand.  

Article URL:  http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2018/04/03/pizza-hut-is-sending-dumped-and-ghosted-woman-free-food.html

Company URL: http://blog.pizzahut.com/our-story/

No comments:

Post a Comment